Nonstick cooking spray
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup wheat germ
1 tablespoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup drained, crushed pineapple
3 cups shredded zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 3 (9 x 5-inch) loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Beat eggs until they are lemon yellow in color. Add oil, slowly; beat until combined. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until combined.
3. Combine flour, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to mix. Add to batter, mixing well.
4. Add pineapple; mix well. Add zucchini; mix well. Scrape into prepared pans.
5. Bake 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool or serve warm. These loaves freeze well. Makes 3 loaves; 27 servings.
Per serving: 257 calories, 12g fat, 39mg chol., 4g prot., 35g carbs., 1g fiber, 159mg sodium
Photo by Mark Boughton Photography / styling: Teresa Blackburn