By WILLIAM STEVENS
Several incidents of flooding and downed trees occurred throughout the region this past weekend as a result of heavy rain and high wind, according to Venango County 911.
– A report of high water on Leboeuf Trail Road in Plum Township was called in Saturday at 9:19 p.m. Chapmanville Fire Department assisted at the scene.
– A report of a downed tree partially blocking Hell’s Kitchen Road in Mineral Township was called in on Saturday at 11:42 p.m. Polk and Clintonville fire departments cleared the tree.
– A tree knocking down some power lines on Eighth Street in Franklin was reported Sunday at 1:25 a.m. The dispatcher said the lines were not sparking and there was no information regarding power loss.
– A tree falling onto and blocking half of Airport Road in Richland Township was reported at 1:30 a.m. Sunday. Emlenton Fire Department assisted at the scene.
– A report of multiple trees down on Route 208 in Clinton Township was called in at 1:31 a.m. Sunday. The dispatcher said the incident was handled by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
– There was a report at 2:07 a.m. Sunday of a tree down on lines on Route 62 in Tionesta Township. The dispatcher said Tionesta Fire Department was on the scene until 2:53 a.m.
– A report of a tree blocking one lane of traffic on Carnes School Road came in at 8:35 a.m. Sunday. The tree was cleared by Seneca Fire Department in under 10 minutes, the dispatcher said.
– A basement on Sunville Road in Oakland Township was reported flooded at 3:02 p.m. Sunday. Oakland Fire Department assisted at the scene.
State police in Clarion, Franklin and Tionesta said no major incidents were reported Sunday evening.