Tire issue calls need to go to insurance firm

From staff reports

Area motorists who experienced punctured tires when metal shavings spilled out of a truck on Sept. 10 are being redirected to an insurance company for reimbursement for repairs.

A local woman told the newspaper she called the McClymonds Supply and Transit Co., owner of the truck, to inquire about the reimbursement for her punctured tire repair. She was informed she should contact the carrier’s insurance company at (814) 547-6191.

A recording at that number informs the caller he or she should send a fax of a picture of the damaged tire and the metal pieces pulled from it to (814) 217-1353.