Recipe courtesy of Cate Meade
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Nonstick cooking spray
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 package (12 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and excess liquid drained
2 cans (14 ounces each) whole artichokes, drained and chopped
1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1 1/4 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled, plus additional for garnish
1 1/4 cups low-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 cup Holland House White Cooking Wine
1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Garnishes (optional): feta cheese, roasted red peppers
1. Grease 6-8-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In slow cooker, mix garlic, spinach, artichokes, water chestnuts, mozzarella, feta, yogurt and red pepper flakes.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer cooking wine 3 minutes. Stir in cream cheese and turn off heat.
4. Transfer cream cheese and wine mixture to slow cooker; add salt and pepper, to taste, and stir to combine ingredients.
5. Cook on low for two hours.
6. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with feta and roasted red peppers, if desired.