- 1 package (20 oz) cheese tortellini (spinach and cheese of possible)
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes (juice included)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp high quality balsamic vinegar
- 5 cups vegetable broth (chicken broth is fine for non-vegetarians)
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 cups kale leaves, washed with stems removed, roughly chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, melt butter on medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper and cook until onions are tender, or about 5 minutes. Stir often as to not let the onions brown.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes, broth and sour cream. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add tortellini to pot and cook about 5 to 6 minutes or according to package. Half way through, add kale leaves and let wilt.
- Ladle into bowls and grate fresh Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve immediately.
Meghan Rodgers is the Everybody Craves editor. Reach her at 412-380-8506 or email@example.com. See other stories, videos, blogs, recipes and more at everybodycraves.com.