From staff reports
After a challenging year for education, Remake Learning Days Across America is returning this spring in 17 regions – including northwest Pennsylvania – with family-friendly learning events designed to engage caregivers, parents and kids around the country.
In partnership with Riverview Intermediate Unit 6 and other IUs in the region, more than 50 events are planned in the area during the learning festival, which is scheduled May 6-16.
These events are designed for parents and caregivers to learn alongside their kids and offer relevant and engaging educational experiences for youths of all ages (pre-K through high school).
The activities are designed to capture the themes of hands-on learning with art-, maker- and science-themed events and outdoor learning with family and friends.
Here is a rundown of some of the events in the area:
‘Take & Makes’
– Art in a Box, Titusville Council of the Arts
– Nebula in a Jar, Chicken Coop Studio 306 in Emlenton
– Billy Goats Gruff Storytime, Benson Memorial Library in Titusville
– STEM Stories, Oil Region Library Association
– Reading Road Trip, Community Learning Workshop, Clarion University
– STEM Showcase, Hasson Heights Elementary School, Oil City
– A Drop of Oil and Gas in Your Life Every Day, Drake Well Museum and Park
Community scavenger hunts
– Falcon Foragers, Emlenton
– Oiler Community, Oil City
Community Family Days
– Spring at the Springs, Emlenton
– Taking Learning Outside Day, Titusville
– Kitchen Chemistry, Titusville
– Family Fun Night Slime Fest, Titusville
Professional development for adult learners is also featured, and some of the topics available include “Exploring the Science of COVID-19 through Project-Based Learning,” “Teaching Math with Games” and “STEAM Themed Children’s Books and Activities.”
A complete list of events and registration information is available at www.remakelearningdays.org.