- 1 1/2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced, raw almonds
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, add 3 tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar and mustard. Whisk until dressing is combined.
- In medium bowl, combine squash, 2 tbsp olive oil, brown sugar and cinnamon. Toss until coated. Transfer to foil-lined baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, turning once or twice. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- In the meantime, over high heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet. Add kale and cook until slightly wilted. Leaves will turn a bright green, then you know it’s done. Cook time will be able 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Pour most of the dressing on the kale leaves and toss until coated. Transfer to serving bowl. Add roasted squash and almonds. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Meghan Rodgers is the Everybody Craves editor. Reach her at 412-380-8506 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See other stories, videos, blogs, recipes and more at everybodycraves.com.