Franklin postal carrier waives hearing on several charges

Staff writer

A Franklin postal carrier accused of inappropriately touching a woman on multiple occasions and breaking into her home during a mail delivery waived his preliminary hearing Wednesday in Venango County Central Court.

Terry Duck, 47, of Seneca, was charged with felony counts of burglary and criminal trespass, in addition to two misdemeanor counts of indecent assault-forcible compulsion and one misdemeanor count of indecent assault without consent.

A criminal complaint filed through district judge Matthew Kirtland’s office said on Dec. 5, U.S. postal inspector Erik Bohin alerted Franklin police to having received a sexual assault complaint in regards to Duck, one of their mail carriers at the Franklin post office.

Bohin said on Dec. 1, the U.S. Postal Inspector’s Office in Pittsburgh had interviewed Duck, the woman who lodged the complaint and two witnesses, gathering written statements from all of them, the complaint said.

Duck admitted to kissing the woman on her neck several times but denied inappropriately touching her, the complaint said.

Duck underwent and failed a polygraph test by the U.S. Postal Inspector Service in Pittsburgh on Dec. 6, the complaint said. He later admitted touching the woman inappropriately on her buttocks area, but he continued to deny touching her anywhere else, the complaint said.

On Dec. 7, the woman was interviewed by Franklin police and related that Duck’s behavior began in August or September when he started complimenting her appearance and inappropriately touching her, the complaint said.

Other occasions of inappropriate touching occurred, the woman said, resulting in an incident on Nov. 28 when Duck entered her home without consent, the complaint said.

The woman said Duck had delivered a package to her residence and later returned, saying he forgot to scan it, the complaint said.

The woman said she told Duck to wait outside her home, but he followed her into her kitchen, the complaint said. Duck scanned the package, the woman said, but proceeded to keep her from walking away, according to the complaint.

The woman said Duck pinned her arms to her sides and began to kiss and inappropriately touch her, the complaint said. The woman said she had told Duck “no” numerous times, in addition to telling him to leave, which he refused to do until after the encounter, according to the complaint.

Franklin police spoke with the two witnesses who related they saw Duck enter the woman’s residence after she had told him to wait at her front door, the complaint said.

Duck remains free on $50,000 unsecured bail.