- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 4 cloves garlic
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 bunches of basil, reserve a few leaves for garnish
- 1 cup pine nutsor almonds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pound of your favorite pasta(I used a blend of zucchini, squash and carrot veggie noodles.)
- Cook pasta as directed, drain and set aside. (If using veggie noodles, place in large skillet and warm using medium heat. Toss often, careful not to brown or burn.)
- Combine avocado, garlic, Parmesan, olive oil, basil, pine nuts and lemon juice in a food processor or high-powered blender. Process until mostly smooth. Season generously with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Combine pasta and sauce and serve. Add cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, or more fresh grated Parmesan.
*Note: You can omit the nuts, but I like touch of texture they add.
*Note: You have to try this spread on grilled cheese, too! It adds tons of flavor.
Meghan Rodgers is the Everybody Craves editor. Reach her at 412-380-8506 or email@example.com. See other stories, videos, blogs, recipes and more at everybodycraves.com