Serves about 4
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (or substitute Greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp quality vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, finely grated
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp spoons milk, (plus a little more on hand)
- 1 tsp quality vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Whisk until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, buttermilk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix together until blended.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well, until no clumps of flour are visible, but don’t over-mix beyond that.
- Lightly fold in the carrots.
- Use a nonstick cooking spray to heat a large pan on medium heat. Work in batches using a tablespoon as a measure. Use either one or two heaping tablespoons, depending on size preference. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake. Flip. Cook for another 45 seconds.
- For the glaze, beat cream cheese, milk, vanilla and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Plate the pancakes and drizzle with glaze. Sprinkle with walnut pieces and serve warm with a cold glass of milk.
Meghan Rodgers is the Everybody Craves editor. Reach her at 412-380-8506 or email@example.com. See other stories, videos, blogs, recipes and more at everybodycraves.com.