Carbon monoxide poisoning suspected at Oil City residence

From staff reports

Four people were transported from an Oil City residence to UPMC Northwest on Monday morning with possible carbon monoxide poisoning, according to Mark Hicks, chief of the Oil City Fire Department.

All four victims, whose ages and genders were not provided, were responsive when emergency personnel arrived at the Hickory Street residence, according to Hicks.

The victims were discovered by a family member, who then called Venango County 911 just after 8:30 a.m., Hicks said. The investigation is focused on a possible clog in the chimney flue.

“Our test showed 153 parts per million of carbon monoxide in the home. Anything below 35 parts per million (is acceptable),” Hicks said. “They didn’t have a carbon monoxide alarm.”

The conditions of the victims were not known.

Also responding were Oil City police, Community Ambulance Service and National Fuel Gas Co.